Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1- Colt New Service 1920 build date, 4 7/8" barrel, in .45 Long Colt cal. Gun has probably 60% original finish with balance patina. Civilian model but has smooth walnut grips and lanyard ring. Lockup, timing and barrel bore are excellant. No rust or pitting. Price $800.00 plus $25.00 shipping and insurance to your FFL.

2- Colt 1905 Army Issue with 90% original finish, excellant grips and bore, timing and lockup 100% perfect.
I have owned this Colt for about three years but just added another Colt Lightening and a S&W 125th Anniversary Model 1 of 50 to my keeper side so this one has to go.
Price $785.00 plus $25.00 shipping and insurance to your FFL

I cannot post pictures but if interested parties will send their email address I will forward pictures of either gun,
Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took new pictures of the 1903 Army Issue today, all I had over the weekend was a profile from each side taken almost three
years ago and I didn't feel well and I didn;t put the request for pictures in mt log book. If you wanted pictures and didn't get them I apologize and if you will send your email address to: [email protected] I will get them off to you pronto!
Garrell

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I'd like to know the serial number on the New Service. Please send pictures of the New Service to haggis[at]gforcecable.com (trying to fool the robot scanners).

Buck

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just following up with your inquiry for pictures and the serial number for my New Service .45 Long Colt. This revolver is great mechanical condition. I have owned maybe fifteen of what we all call Model 1917's and almost everyone I have ever owned had turned a greyish color because the original finish bluing was light colored and thin. I have seen one in person and read about them in magazines where they were sent to Turnbull Industries or Mfgr. and the do a great job of refinishing the guns in a deep dark Colt Royal Blue making them one of the most beautiful revolvers I have ever. Normally this kills any collectable value a gun might have but in this case I think it actually enhances the value of the gun. I even checked in to having one refinished by them. Somewhere here I have information that they sent me, plus they perform action or trigger "jobs" if you want . But this gun with the heavy short barrel would look great with that finish and with the trigger job would be a great shooter.
Just dreaming out loud to you I guess, did the serial number check out with you to be 1920 as it did with me?
Thanks,
Garrell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts