Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just given a Colt New Service Revolverin .45LC by my Great Uncle. It is in great condition and will be a great addition to my collection. I am curious as to the year of manufacture and and any other info I can find out about this gun. SN#1128XX Thanks in advance guys!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
1916. Is the gun clearly marked on barrel,"New Service" .45 Colt"? Should have black hard rubber grips,with a lanyard loop in the butt bottom. What is barrel length(from the front of cylinder) and the finish? Bud

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is clearly marked "New Service". With the only serial numbers being on the frame and on the tilt out part for the cylinder. The last patent date on the barrel is 1905 I believe. It does have the lanyard ring on the botton and the hard rubber grips with Colt logo at the top of them. It has a very dark blued finish with some minor pitting in it. I am not sure of the barrel length but is atleast a 5 1/2". It is in very nice condition and shoots well. There are no timing problems with it. It has a little wear on the blueing on the bottom tip of the barrel, the front of the frame and the top of the frame from being in a holster (the holster with it looks as if it has been with it for a very long time also!). The riflings look good and otherwise is in really good condition. I am happy to have it and knowing its this old makes it even much more special! Thanks for the info!!

[This message has been edited by 59Bisquik (edited 02-15-2005).]

[This message has been edited by 59Bisquik (edited 02-15-2005).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts