Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Colt New Service Target revolver (1920) and am trying to find info concerning why it has a lanyard ring. I was told target models did not come w/ one. Anybody got a clue.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smithwesson_500:
Just bought a Colt New Service Target revolver (1920) and am trying to find info concerning why it has a lanyard ring. I was told target models did not come w/ one. Anybody got a clue.
Thanks in advance,
Mark
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lanyard rings were not standard on the NS target model, but keep in mind, Colt would build a new gun nearly any way the customer requested, back in those days. Most likely, added by a gunsmith, but could be factory.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mark,
Check out the Colt Pre War Target Revolver group for info on your NST or any other Pre War Colt Target Revolver, there's a pictuer of a NST with a lanyard ring in the NST File Folder along with full serial numbers and dates of Mfg. The address for the group is www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smithwesson_500:
Thanks in advance,
Mark
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts