Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired this New Service from a friend who didn't want it anymore and we are trying to assess its condition and value. I am not sure how you would rate a gun for condition and value. I have posted some pictures at this site. Any help would be appreciated.
www.geocities.com/soafgr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This revolver is 45 colt and the serial number is 24xx. Probably second or third year production. 1899 - 1900. You must have missed the other pictures on the site.
On another note, the gun laws in Canada are having a devestating impact by slowly reducing the number of people who are prepared to jump through the hoops to keep their handguns. Which is how I got this gun and unfortunatly it is also reducing the resale values.

[This message has been edited by chili (edited 01-05-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
chili

It's a little hard to tell from a picture, but if that is an actual picture of the gun, I would rate it no better than 40%, in which case I would think it would be in the $450-500 range. Something you didn't mention is the caliber and serial number, which both can affect value. For instance a 45ACP would be more valuable to me and a .450 Eley may be more valuable to you.
Get back to us with more info.
P.S. Where is soafgr? Is that South Africa?

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-05-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hey, if you can get it a lot cheaper, BUY IT!
Or better yet, buy 'em cheap in Canada and send them down here to Florida.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-06-2004).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts