Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
6,575 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not much to see as far as pics would go. Left side has 32 WCF Right side has jan 10 1971 is the last date. it is single action and has bone grips. It appears to be in very good shape everything is tight you can barely see the line on the cylinder it locks up in time no rattles. Any idea on the value of a weapon like this?

· Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Not much to see as far as pics would go. Left side has 32 WCF Right side has jan 10 1971 is the last date. it is single action and has bone grips. It appears to be in very good shape everything is tight you can barely see the line on the cylinder it locks up in time no rattles. Any idea on the value of a weapon like this?
Are you sure this isn't 1871?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tall You are correct on the date on the 2nd line being Jan 19 '75.
ColtsDad, Best I can tell it is in perfect condition although it is dated Jan 19 '75 which indicates that it is only 48 years old. I'm curious about the nickel plating and bone grips it is definitely not just a shooter.
'73 FLH I'm surprised you picked up on the 74ci not many do. I'm also surprised that I actually got the email address. Nice to hear back from someone with similar interest/knowledge.

· Premium Member
2,870 Posts
ColtsDad, Best I can tell it is in perfect condition although it is dated Jan 19 '75 which indicates that it is only 48 years old. I'm curious about the nickel plating and bone grips it is definitely not just a shooter.
'73 FLH I'm surprised you picked up on the 74ci not many do. I'm also surprised that I actually got the email address. Nice to hear back from someone with similar interest/knowledge.
Please post pictures. Most likely the patent date is 1875. Colt hasn't patented a new model of a single action in a hundred years that I know of. What is the serial number?

Bumper Automotive exterior Aircraft Flooring Auto part

· Registered
7,071 Posts
The serial number dates the gun as 1906.
The 2nd line date of Jan 19 '75 is the date of the last patent on that model gun...January 19, 1875.
Are the grips really bone or could they be ivory? Are the one-piece grips or 2-piece? Do the panels have Colt medallions?

Until some pictures are posted, there is not much else anyone can say about the value.

· Registered
7,071 Posts
That's really odd - every SAA I have ever seen has the rampant Colt logo on the LH side. Like this:
View attachment 827177
I agree, I've never seen a Colt SA with the Colt logo on the right side of the frame.
This is why we need pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts