Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever hear of a Colt Night Lite? I saw an ad for one in a local classifides that says it's a "colt cust shop piece". I haven't been able to find out what one of these is.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,906 Posts
It's probably a Colt Night Commander or one of a series of limited production gun Colt made in the 1990's.

I seem to remember a Night Officer's Model, and a Night Combat Model????

As I recall, these are basically standard guns with special markings, finishes, sights, grips and other embellishments.

As a guess, I'd say a Colt "Nite Lite" is probably an aluminum framed Night Commander

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. I have heard of the "night" models and a lightweight one could be called a "night lite". Sounds kinda stupid for a gun though. Thanks for the info.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,906 Posts
I doubt that "Nite Lite" is the actual name of the gun.

More likely it's a "Night Commander" lightweight, and the advertiser mis-described it as a Nite Lite.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
You read the classified add correctly. The Colt Nite Lite is a short lived model that was made in the early 1990's. Alloy slide, stainless receiver, night sites, and in 380 caliber. It was one of Colt's ventures that sailed like the proverbial lead ballon.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any pics or a link? I'd like to see one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice article on the "Night Lite" Mustang. It must be a take on the Night Commander I have. I have heard there is a Night Officers too.
My Night Commander is 1 of 250, manuf. in 1989. Factory configuration is stock series 80 LW commander (not enhanced) with Trijicon night sites, Colt black wrap around grips with Medallion, beveled mag well, Roll mark on slide reads "Night Commander", special ser# range NC000.

Ed

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds like a neat little gun.....I'll keep an eye out for them. I actually like the teflon coatings in that type of application.

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts