Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like 1969 production, the last year they were made. In my neck of the woods, $500 for what you describe is very good, I've seen them around $550-$600 and higher for the 22's.

That's a very thoughtful gift!

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you Scott.

If it shoots half as good as it looks, she'll adjust and drive tacks with it.
The boys at the pin shoots wont set us on the same line. They say it's too sad to see how she humiliates me. I just smile...a man's got to know his limitations.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know exactly how you feel. My wife started with a Browning Buckmark, put a dot sight on it and proceeded to learn fast. It escalated to a Walther GSP conversion (Christmas gift) so she can whup me at rimfire and centerfire bullseye.

Yep, stand back, smile, "great shooting Hon". I'm a firm believer in the old saying about "happy wife, happy life".

Scott

·
Registered
516 Posts
Here's my 50-something OMM .22; I've had it for awhile now, and haven't been able to bring myself to shoot it. If I don't get off the pot soon, I'll either sell it or trade it. I can't afford safe queens!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Bullet Bob:

That's a real nice, OMM, you have there! Maybe one day, I'll sell you my OMS, to go with it? Then you would have to pick, which gun to shoot-and, which gun, to keep as a "Safe Queen"? Not a bad "Dilemma" though(When you think about it)! One gun, to oil and polish! One gun, to shoot! Nice "Compromise"!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Found a Like NIB Officers Model Match 22 with original grips (98-99%) S/N 87165 for $500.
Can you please help me date it and opinions on value would be greatly appreciated.
It's a Mother's day gift for my wife.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Wife started with a Ruger MKII, moved over to a Colt SA, Frontier Scout that probably should have been a safe Queen but when the son called from the shop and said, "Dad, you should see what just came in the door..." It helps to have your kid behind the counter looking out for the pretty ones. After the last pin shoot, she said, A nice revolver in 22 would be great. "But Hon, that would mean only six shots."
Her reply after beating me and most of the field handily was, "I only need five." Gotta love her!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts