Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find information about a new to me Colt Officer's ACP. So far I have been told it is an XSE, and wanted to know if they came setup this way or if it is wearing any aftermarket add-ons. If anyone might have info on when this series was produced, etc. I would appreciate it. This is my first Colt, and first 1911 platform so I have much to learn. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The trigger, guide rod and plug, and main spring housing are aftermarket. The model you have is actually referred to as the enhanced model indicated by the "E" at the end of the serial number. What also made these an enhanced model was the duckbill grip safety, gold cup serrations and flat top slide. Technically its not the XSE model but it is what eventually transformed into the XSE model so I guess you could call it an XSE. You will find more information if you include the word enhanced in your searches.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
everything mustang said is correct. even though, I wouldn't call it an xse, plain and simple, it's an enhanced with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ace is correct. It is not an XSE. All XSEs I'm familiar with both the front and rear of the slide is serrated. Just my take but then again, I am a revolver guy. Still a very nice acp though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shows you what I know LOL! I assumed it was an "Enhanced" because of the "E" at the end of the serial number, but in looking at many photos of Officer's ACP's and such I noticed the "3-hole" trigger instead of the black one and it was suggested in another thread that it might be an XSE. I have been told the guide-rod is aftermarket (after trying to dissasemble it and finding I needed a "special tool" or pin to remove the sping and rod from the slide). As far as the "main-spring housing", is that the cheese-grater looking backstrap? Again, please forgive me as I am new to the Colt's and need to learn the proper terms.:eek: With these aftermarket changes, what does it do to the value? I have tried to find similar models for sale on a few of the online auction sites to compareb ut this model does not show up very often. I am into it for $700 so I think did fairly well so far.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You're fine on the purchase of a nice shooter. The Officer's acp range from $600-$800 in this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
a new in box enhanced is worth a grand or more, 700.00 for a used altered one is fine, you did ok.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Dwill, I like your Officers ACP. But I guess I'm partial to them. I still have one left that I've owned since 1991 when I bought it LNIB. Colt says it was made in 1990 thought I have no archive letter to prove it. Anyways, I paid $430 for it back then and wouldn't take twice that for it today. It's strictly stock, a plain shooter with thousands of rounds downrange. I'd have grabbed yours instantly for $700, too, if I had seen it for sale somewhere. They make great carry guns, too. Enjoy!

Reactions: dwill3015

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dwill, I like your Officers ACP. But I guess I'm partial to them. I still have one left that I've owned since 1991 when I bought it LNIB. Colt says it was made in 1990 thought I have no archive letter to prove it. Anyways, I paid $430 for it back then and wouldn't take twice that for it today. It's strictly stock, a plain shooter with thousands of rounds downrange. I'd have grabbed yours instantly for $700, too, if I had seen it for sale somewhere. They make great carry guns, too. Enjoy!
Very Nice! I do like this new (to me) Colt as it just feels good in my hand as I have short fat sausage fingers and anything with a double stack magazine like my 2 Berettas seems a bit large for my hands as this one is perfect. I do like the smaller size as well for concealed carry. Now I just need to find a comfortable holster for it. I have a few Blackhawk holsters for my Berettas and Glock but can't seem to find listings for the Colt Officers. Is there a general model size that best fits this pistol that I should be looking for that is more commonly named? Thanks for any help.
Darcy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello Dwill,

Nice Officers. Any holster for 1911, Government model, Commander or Defender will work. The difference is in the holster length for the slide. The Defender has a 3" barrel, your Officer has a 3 1/2" barrel, Commander a 4 1/4" barrel. For IWB carry a Commander sized holster might be more common and the extra length doesn't matter, at least it doesn't to me. A Cross Breed style doesn't cover the slide so a 1911 size is what you want.
tge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Dwill,

Nice Officers. Any holster for 1911, Government model, Commander or Defender will work. The difference is in the holster length for the slide. The Defender has a 3" barrel, your Officer has a 3 1/2" barrel, Commander a 4 1/4" barrel. For IWB carry a Commander sized holster might be more common and the extra length doesn't matter, at least it doesn't to me. A Cross Breed style doesn't cover the slide so a 1911 size is what you want.
tge
Thanks, that explains a lot because the Bianchi I got with it (Pictured) is for a full-sized 1911 but it was a freebie with the Colt. I have been looking at holsters online and see listings for Government, Delta, Mustang, etc. but being new to colt's I was not sure what would be the best fit for my Officer's.

Darcy

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a very similar gun this past Labor Day Weekend. I purchased a
Combat Commander Enhanced, also in stainless steel, made in 1997.
Here is a pic of mine. You'll enjoy that Officer's ACP, I have one as well
and it is a real handy pistol. Great for self defense / CC.
That was a great find.
Good Luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts