Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the history on this particular Officer's Variant? What its value is? I just purchased one and have never seen or heard of it before. Very little on the internet, mine was made in 1990 according to Colts website and is in flawless condition with its nylon carrying bag.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I’ve only seen one over my years. I don’t know the total production numbers but based on that wouldn’t think Colt made a whole lot of them. I’d say they are a fairly scarce pistol. And a very good looking one at that with the two-tone finish.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have just sold one on Gunbroker, but I do not believe you are the person that bought my gun judging by your location. This was a limited series run, and most guns were supposedly destroyed in a warehouse fire. This gun is of the same pedigree as the Accusport two-tone series (e.g. Super Elite .38, Match Elite .45, Elite IX 9mm, etc.).

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/846072659

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Acusport (now bankrupt) was a distributor, much like TALO. Their models are pretty scarce, from what I can see. I've been looking for an Elite IX or Elite 10 for some time now. The last Elite IX I saw went for about $2200, IIRC, to Lumberjack (the dirty dog:bang_wall:).

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Acusport (now bankrupt) was a distributor, much like TALO. Their models are pretty scarce, from what I can see. I've been looking for an Elite IX or Elite 10 for some time now. The last Elite IX I saw went for about $2200, IIRC, to Lumberjack (the dirty dog:bang_wall:).
If you are looking for any Accusport Elite guns, you should buy them now. Prices are seriously down. NIB/LNIB .45 and 10 mm used to get $3,000 and as much as $4,000 for .38 Super and 9mm. If the 9mm was in good shape, $2,200 was not bad at all. They will bounce back. Prices are strange. While the two-tones are down, this factory Super Commander is not. When I bought this NIB one for about $3,600 three years ago, I sold my 90% shooter without box for about $2,500. Crazy. The only one I have seen sell since then also got upwards of $3,500 this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have seen one I think years ago. The problem is it seems the 1990s is when Colt seemed to come out with a million and one limited editions and special models. Several years ago I bought a Gold Cup Commander at an estate sale. Even got a Colt letter on it but the letter did not say how many were made.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have seen one I think years ago. The problem is it seems the 1990s is when Colt seemed to come out with a million and one limited editions and special models. Several years ago I bought a Gold Cup Commander at an estate sale. Even got a Colt letter on it but the letter did not say how many were made.
There were 2,000 Gold Cup Commanders, 1,000 blued and 1,000 stainless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts