Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Officer\'s Model .22LR?

I found a Colt Officer's Model(.22LR)revolver, in 100% condition(But, with no box)! The S/N is #18264. The last patent date(On the barrel)is year, 1926. This is the only information I have, at the moment! Following are my questions:

1)What year, was this gun made?

2)What is it's approximate(Maximun) value?

3)Would this be a 2nd or, 3rd edition, of the Officer's Model, .22?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 05-05-2004).]

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: Colt Officer\'s Model .22LR?

1938, third issue, with 25th issue Blue Book value of $825.00, with a 10% premium for .22 caliber. Look very closely...One mans 100%, often turns out to be 98% to many others.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

In that case, how much lower, is the 98%(Rated)value? THANKS, FOR YOUR PROMPT, RESPONSE!

·
Registered
132 Posts

Just for the record, there are no 2d issue .22's. Blue Book aside, I think few people would pay $825 +10% for an OMT .22 unless it was absolutely mint in the box, or had a very, very low serial number.

Best,
Bill

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Current Blue Book for 95% condition is 750.00, drops to 650.00 at 95%, and 550.00 at 90% for third issue centerfires, and adds a 10% premium for 22 cal. To be even more precise, there's no 1st issue 22 cal, either. The 22 caliber was first offered in 1930, as part of third issue production, and shared serial numbers with third issue production, so call it what you wish, but to check book price, or date a s/n, you have to look in the third issue section.
I agree with the previous post, and would only pay the 825.00+10%price, if the OMT 22 was NIB(which should be 100%) or LNIB, and I needed it to fill a hole in my collection, so that's two people who agree a 100% OMT 22 could be worth approximate book price. Also, some collectable Colt, and S&W prices, seem to have gone a bit beserk, in the last couple of years, so nothing surprises me after seeing some of the prices asked, and sometimes paid, especially for new condition guns. Visit Gunsamerica.com, Auction arms.com, and Gunbroker.com, and you will see some pricing way into left field, and in my humble opinion, this is starting to infect the gun show prices. More and more items appearing on tables with "fishing" prices. I hear more and more complaints about the Blue Book pricing,too, but usually, from someone trying to sell something at an inflated price. My biggest problem with the Blue Book, is the way so many people use it, by only being able to see the 100% price column, regardless of the actual condition of the gun.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Amen! Brother buckeye, I don't know why Fjestad bothers to print 98%, 95%, 90% etc. columns when all the gunshops, gunshow table guys, and pawnshops know is 100% even when your looking at and holding an 85% piece of junk. The problem is, you have so many guys with too much loose change rattling in their pockets that they are willing to pay these outrageous prices because they "gotta have it", only to sell it in six months because they got tired of fondling it.
Rant off!

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 05-07-2004).]

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I say "Amen" brother buckeye, also! No truer words, were ever spoken! However(Here in Kalifornia)the Gun Shops, don't even pay any attention, to the Fjestad, 100% blue book gun values! This is because, they only want to sell their guns(At a big "Premium")above these "Blue book" values! When you try to "Impress" upon these Gun Dealers(That their gun prices, are way out of range!)all you get out of them, is a "Blank stare"(A "Take it-or, leave it" attitude!)! Heaven help us(Here in Kalifornia)!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I just bought a .22lr OMT, numbered 20xxx which puts it around 1938 for $600. I rate it as an honest 95%+ with just a small wear of the bluing at the muzzle, very faint turn line, and perfect stocks (I would say 98% if it wasn't for the muzzle wear).
Some sellers seem to think the Colt's are made of gold these days.
Rating a firearm that is not brand new at 100% is highly debatable among various people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts