Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have developed a magnetic personality for Colt Officers Model 22LR's. This one is a 1934 vintage 4 digit gun. Can someone tell me about the front sight. The others I have seen appear to be a straight sided flat piece of steel, this one has a white bead. I have another inbound is a 1948 vintage with prewar walnut grips. Will post pictures of it on arrival.
I have developed a real appreciation of their capabilities.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Shooting sport Shooting Material property Revolver Metal Steel Titanium Pipe Revolver Metal Cylinder Muffler

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I like em too. I have one like yours but the bluing is worn more. It is a Very accurate .22 and it has probably been shot a lot before i got a hold of it.
Those adjustable front sights are unique/classic.
Good photos and I really like those photos because I can click and enlarge them. That is what I used to be able to do with the photobucket but now they only seem to come as tiny pics or full screen pics

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The one I have inbound is 50687, class of 48 and my birth year. Has the incorrect. but IHO, better looking prewar walnut grips. Super nice example Chief, how's she shoot?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The one I have inbound is 50687, class of 48 and my birth year. Has the incorrect. but IHO, better looking prewar walnut grips. Super nice example Chief, how's she shoot?
Gee Mike not even 300 numbers apart. I need to go shoot again, I am not a Bullseye Shooter, all I will say is I got rounds on paper at 25 yards with it!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will pick up mine tomorrow from my gunsmith. he told me he test fired it with CCI Mini Mags at 15 feet and kept everything in 2 inches. Mind he is a Vietnam Vet with fairly thick glasses, hell of a gunsmith though named Allen Harton.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have a very nice Officers Model .38 and have been looking for a .22 here in CA for a long time. So far they have eluded me. The only thing I found was one that someone had installed a Micro rear sight in the rear dovetail and a similar high front sight. I know the original parts are available through Numrich but was afraid that the rear dovetail was filed to fit the Micro base so I passed. They ones shown here sure are beautiful guns.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As promised here is the 1948 vintage, striated back strap, plain cylinder release but hammer and trigger are still checkered.

Gun Firearm Revolver Air gun Gun barrel Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts