Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first shot with my new camera-a c. 1938 Officers Model heavy barrel .38 Spl.w/ a Heiser model 731 flap holster.I've got a lot to learn about this camera...
Regards,
John Witty

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow, I don't know what is prettier. The holster or the pistol. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know my camera but don't know "post". /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nice pic, nice gun and holster!!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Beautiful gun, holster and picture! I don't have a .38 OMT yet, and getting one is high on my list. I know they are terrific shooters. (Plus they are just so darn easy on the eyes!)

The holster is vintage? Or is it new from a Heiser pattern? (Don't know much about holsters.)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Heiser holster is about the same vintage as the revolver-the black & gold three H snap was used pre-WW II.This is a top of the line Heiser-chamois lined,rawhide whipstitched edge lacing & full Mexican hand carved finish.The OM fits it perfectly.
Thanks & regards,
John Witty

·
Registered
103 Posts
John,
Very nice OM and Heiser. Picture looks great. I finally found an OM two months ago, same vintage 1937. These are really great revolvers in fit and finish. Keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
323 Posts
John,
That's a gorgeous gun, holster AND photo!
I love my HB (it's from 1936), and marvel at the quality and smooth action produced before the days of CNC machining!
Congratulations!
Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts