Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Officer\'s Model Match - 38 Spec.

A nearby dealer has an Officer's Model Match in 38 Special. It's in immaculate condition and, I believe, was made in the late 1950s or early 1960s. Any thoughts on its value?
Tag price is $1,100.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: Colt Officer\'s Model Match - 38 Spec.

That is way too high. You should be able to get a NIB one for around $550-$600.

·
Registered
448 Posts

That is way too high. You should be able to get a NIB one for around $550-$600.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Some people must think these things are made of gold. You would be able to get 2 OMMs complete for that price.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

I understand that Colt made a single action only Officers Model Match in 38spl. Production was very limited. If this is one, it is probably a bargain based on today's outrageous prices on colt revolvers.

But, 2004 Standard Catalog of Firearms mentions a 22 caliber OMM in "short action". I had always heard the single action ones were in 38 spl? Maybe this is correct? They also made something like 850 in 22 mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks everybody. Looks like we have strong agreement that this Colt is overpriced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Actually, this OMM is a SINGLE ACTION, not a double action Officers Model Match. How much difference in value?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

I don't have the 2004 Blue Book, but to give you an idea... in 2003 BB, 100% one was valued at $1325; 98%$1200. This speciman probably deserves careful consideration. There is a separate line listing for the single action OOM.

·
Registered
448 Posts

The price would be about right for a 98%+ condition OMM single action only. Thats what the Blue Book says.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for checking in the Bluebook for me. I will take a closer look at it, but it appears as new.

There is a nickle-plated
6-inch Python available at $1,100 also.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

I saw a 6" NIB Nickel Python today at a show for $1200 and the dealer would not budge from that price.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Some Colt OMMs that started life as DA were later converted to SA for match shooting, although, as someone pointed out, there was a factory SA only version available.

I would think it's important to make the distinction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts