Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a '50 Officers Model Special that is missing the I in the roll stamp for Officer. Though it was unique and in excellent condition so I bought it.Thanks for any help. I will try to post pictures

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked very closely with a jewlers loup and there is just a smooth space where the I is missing on this officers model. Asides from that the roll stamping is crisp as it is on another OM that I own. I can't find any signs that the gun has been re blued. I will try to get pictures. Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
65 Posts
If that is the one from Stuart FL, when I looked at it, the cylinder still had two-tone finish, but with a purple hue.Original?????? A friend who does bluing claims the chemicals probably got too hot during the bluing process, causing the color change.I was puzzled because the barrel, cylinder and part of the frame were affected, not the complete gun. I did not see it in daylight and the store is kind of dark, so maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You are correct sir. That store has lighting that made the gun have a purplish tint. In day light it is a different story. What interested me, asides from the fact that it is a great shooter and have another one up north is the missing "I" in Officers. It reads Off cers. I'm going to take it up to the land of Colt tomorrow and have a retired worker from Colt look at it. I'll report back

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts