Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have shot both in .22, which is your favorite? I know about the design differences, just curious about preferences when it comes to shooting/collecting/plinking, etc.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
I LOVE the heavy barrel of the OMS, and prefer it over the OMM in spite of the inferior sights. The OMS had a much shorter production run, so I consider it more "collectable." On the other hand, a Pre-1961 OMM has those gorgeous full-checkered stocks .... No, the heavy barrel still carries the day with me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I have a OMS and original Trooper in 22, but was thinking about adding an OMM. THE OMS and Trooper are hard to beat when strolling around the ranch.

I found a police positive target with old stag grips with an asking price of $675. Seems a bit high? ......but ohhhh those stag grips!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I have examples of each, and prefer the OMS. I don't find any fault with the Coltmaster rear sight. It's the small Coltwood stocks that I don't care for. I've changed them out for later OMM type target stocks. Not only do they fit my hand better, but they balance the look of the gun with the heavy barrel.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
The OMS is such a great representation of its era with the coming jet age. I have always thought it looks like a Buck Rogers raygun with that big front sight.

That said, I think the OMM is the more attractive gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts