Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an old Colt revolver in 22 L.R. called a Colt Officers Model Target.
It's in reasonable shape. Does anyone have information on this model?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I own a OM .22 rimfire and love the gun. It is very accurate, actually better then a S&W 17 that I own.

I don't know what the difference is between the OM and OMT but I bet it's the sites. These are great guns and a lot of fun to shoot.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try the Colt Target Revolver Group at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1 the group has hundreds of pictures, dates of Mfg. vs. serial numbers, plus way to much info in the files section to list here.
I P.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marlincowboy:
Just picked up an old Colt revolver in 22 L.R. called a Colt Officers Model Target.
It's in reasonable shape. Does anyone have information on this model?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
The Officers Model Target in .22 rimfire was introduced in 1930. As far as I know, there were never any Officers Models in .22 rimfire.

The original Officers Model nomenclature was introduced in 1904 and ran until 1930. (There were several significant variations during that time, such as the 1904 - 1908 models having the counterclockwise cylinder rotation. The top strap finish was changed to matte sometime in the late 1920s, probably about 1927 or so, not sure when.) The Officers Model Target was introduced in 1930 and ran through 1949, when the Officers Model Special was introduced.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The story continues from JudgeColt:

The Officers Model Special was discontinued and the Officers Model Match was introduced in 1952 with production until 1969/1970. Now you know the full Officers Model run... from 1904 through 1969. Great Revolver!

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 05-12-2005).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts