Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I know of at least one NIB that went for 900 about two years ago...and it was a genuine pristine perfect NIB unfired gun with a perfect box and zero marks/blemish on wood or metal. These are not often found in any condition other than well used, and a true unblemished NIB is very difficult to find. "Very good to excellent" covers a very broad range of values within an even broader range of individual interpretations. The gun pictured by CFPython, from what can be seen, has some good honest wear and I would also guesstimate it in the $400-450 range...give or take a few bucks.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I picked up a mint 4 incher late last yr for around $425 ,and found a correct as new box for $40. If You look ,goods ones are still out there.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hard to say .... i have one in 90% condition and could not sell it here or on GB for $425, so its all subjective i wouldn't pay more then $425 based on that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just ran the price up a bit (overpaid). I just paid a little under $800 for a 99% (no turn line) Official Police in the original box with accoutrements. It should be in tomorrow, and I will post some pix. I have some shooters and wanted a collection piece. I guess I wanted it a little too badly. I just haven't seen many in perfect condition, and wanted to jump on this one. It was one other guy and me, and I guess I wanted it just a few bucks more than he did.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Never hesitate/ Bought one as nib with papers around 12 yrs ago for $219 from Simpson Ltd. The one time I did hesitate was a few yrs before that , I felt a 5 inch 95% Detroit PD one was overpriced, oops.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Just got this one made in 1969 for $525. I think that was a very good deal. These will increase in price and were only made for a few years and like longranger said, a lot less of them.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am very partial to the O.P.'s I find them to be not a rich mans Python with out the rib. I need a 2" to fill out my collection, 5" is my favorite barrel length for shooting

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Do you think these will increase in value? Anyone know how many were made and what years.... the action on mine is just almost as smooth as my Python.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
They were introduced in '69 and not sure what the last year for them was. I'd say '69 to about '71/72?? I believe what you say about the action. Mine is butter smooth and smoother than my Trooper/Lawman MKIII's.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
All Colt DA's will do nothing but increase in value some faster than others.Flat main springs have nothing on the coil springs in these revolvers.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Made from 69-72 ,with some trickling out after that. Great revolvers ,victims of stubborn Colt fans to accept the new action. Colt should have used lighter springs, offered a 2 and 3 inch round butt version ,as well as stainless ,and a 22 version. But they didn't. Too bad ,but your gain. I have 2 and really like them. With semiautos being hi cap limited in many places ,new shooters, especially women , buying home defense guns , the revolver is making a comeback. A revolver like the OP Mark 3 , bull strong ,and loaded with 158 lhp, is about the the perfect choice. The Mark 3 Official Police is about the same weight as a S&W K frame , but much stronger.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts