Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
This is a never-was, didn't quite get christened with a name but Colt's letter states intention, with no marks on the gun except pony & a project mark on front right lower frame ---

I suppose it had some factory firing to proof the new barrel thread but no indication I can see.

My guess the GX-953-2 number has a meaning that might lead to more info. Such as G meaning all revolvers?, X meaning experimental, 953 file number of details-results, 2 second --- my pipe dream.

It's seeking a new home, maybe a trade --

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Cam,

You probably know this, but the "W in crown" mark is the mark of Woolwich Arsenal, which accepted British Purchasing Commission arms from the U.S.

101_1011.jpg

FYI, Woolwich Arsenal is the namesake of the Premier League's Arsenal football team.

Buck

·
Registered
10,494 Posts
This is a usta-be, I think, before I gave it a face lift back about 1983, now with my Son-inlaw ---

Damn I wish that was mine. Best looking snubbie mods I've ever seen in my life. I should send you mine to turn into something like this...but I don't know if I could afford it :)

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
One of a group of 1100 Official Police in 38-200 (.38 S&W) that were shipped to England to support the war effort. This gun is one month older than I am. Note the Crown marking:
Cam, I'm glad you posted this one. I was hoping we'd get to see a nice example. That's one I'd like to add to the collection one day.

21 - 40 of 163 Posts