Colt Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Kurusu

Looking at the photo your revolver appears to have tghe vestige of an Enfield inspection mark on the frame near the hammer.

It is probably one of the off the shelf purchases by the British Purchasing Commission in June/July 1940. Further confirmation is the .380 marking on the receiver ring, which was applied later in the War.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
Yes it has the Enfield inspection mark. And I agree with you.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
My Official Police family just added a new one...a 1950 dual tone 5" OP complete with Coltwood stocks. I purchased it from fellow Forum member Kraaken and am very pleased with it. It's the one at the top with my 1958 5" OP and my 1962 4" OP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting ready to reload for my old Police Positive rated for 38 S&W ammo. Are there any precautions I need to know. There seem to be some conflicts in loads so will be starting at very minimum and work up. Is there a favorite powder out there? I like the way this gun shoots and it is the only colt I can afford so have to be careful of it.

just an old retired forest ranger firefighter

·
Registered
18 Posts
32 S&W shorts or 32 S&W longs? I reload for the longs for my Police Positive Special in 32 Colt New Police cartridge (same as 32 S&W Long).

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
It has Commando Coltwood stocks. You should get an archives letter on that...it may well have gone to the government or a law enforcement agency since commercial sales were pretty much nonexistent during the war years.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
This Official Police Revolver is as good as it gets. It cannot be improved. It was sold to the Government of Iceland in 1940. It came home almost 80 years later in new condition.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
This Official Police Revolver is as good as it gets. It cannot be improved.

That is, unless it's an unfired, LNIB example with original nickel finish, factory 3.5 lb trigger pull and test target...

IMG_5457.JPG IMG_5458.JPG IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5459.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
"
That is, unless it's an unfired, LNIB example with original nickel finish, factory 3.5 lb trigger pull and test target..."

OK! I give up. First it is Bigl1911 and now Snakeman. I am a two time looser this week and it is only Wednesday. Super Nice Russ!!!

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
121 - 140 of 167 Posts