Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a lead on a Officers model 5th issue in .22 mag. Does anyone have a idea what it is worth? I talked to the guy and he's asking $500 He says it is in 97-98% condition, but he says it is single action only. I have never heard of such a thing. Is it broke and is it a easy fix? (inexpensive) I have a few days till he comes back to town. Away on vacation now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
$500 isn't a bad price in that condition. YOu could order target revolvers single action only. I have a OMT that's single action only. If you just pull the trigger the cylinder will spin, but the hammer will not come back. If it's factory you will have to replace the hammer to make it a conventional double action. If it's converted then you will have to replace the double action sear that was removed.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Depending on the source, there may be as few as 350 to as many as 850 OMM revolvers made in .22 WMR. They are rarely seen in .22 WMR. If it is a factory single action, that would increase its value. A factory letter is necessary to verify.

If you do not want it for that money, please give me a crack at it, and I will give you a finder's fee if it turns out to be legitimate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts