Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a reference anywhere for Colt part numbers for piece parts?

I am looking for a part for one of my revolvers (E frame extractor rod ) and I see a part that "appears" identical for a MKIII and am wondering if there is a reference where I can look at the colt part number to see if it is the same part.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Great question. If you go to Colt's website; Colt's Manufacturing LLC, you can click on "Shop Online" and select "Parts By Model". But their selection is limited. You may be able to get what you're looking for from them direct though.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm sure most all Colt revolvers of the modern era have some type of schematic with corresponding part numbers. Here's one from Colt for their 2nd Generation 1851 Navy. I would think that somebody here should have one for your type of revolver.

John Gross

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,871 Posts
The Colt "E" frame was the older models like the Official Police and Officer's Models. The Mark III is the totally different "J" frame.
NO parts interchange.

In addition, the "E" frame used the Old Style ejector design in which the ejector rod is a more complicated design that can't be disassembled without two special tools.

Some people have older Colt parts manuals that show the parts and Colt factory parts numbers.
Coltparts shows most factory parts numbers, but they don't show all the variations.

Colt Official Police Double Action Revoler

Here's the part number for an "E" frame ejector rod: 50347R. Some sources show it minus the "R" as just 50347.

NOTE: The part numbers shown on the Gun Parts Corp site are NOT factory part numbers.

Some sources of Colt "E" frame ejector rods:

Jack First possibly.

Poppert's list them:

http://www.poppertsgunparts.com/cgi-bin/webdata/webdata_gunparts.cgi

Here's the tools necessary to disassemble and reassemble the Old Style Colt ejector system. Without the tube wrench you cannot get the assembly apart.

Ejector wrench:

COLT WRENCH | Brownells

Ejector rod bushing tube wrench. This is a MUST have:

COLT CRANE BUSHING TOOL | Brownells

1 - 5 of 5 Posts