Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon. I have a question concerning a Colt replica that I am unable to answer myself. I do not have very much knowledge of Colt or its history, and I'm afraid I will not be able to give enough info here as needed, but I will try.

Yesterday, a friend of mine whose husband died several years ago asked me to come over, look at his gun collection, and take anything I wanted. To make a long story short, it was a pretty rag tag collection of junk. (I did walk away with the only decent weapon there...a S&W 357 Highway Patrolmen, mint condition.

Anyhow, just as I was leaving, her son opened an old, dusty box and pulled out a case with a COLT 45 PEACEKEEPER replica.

All I can tell you is that the weapon was in a superb condition wooden case, and when you open the case, there is a piece of glass with this replica weapon behind it. The Glass is locked with no key, so I could not open it. On the box itself it says something like "Peacekeeper Replica", and it has a picture of a cowboy ( I assume) engraved into the wood.

I know this is not much info, but can anyone tell me anything about this find? I know if I offer this lady $50.00 for it, she will take it. She wants nothing to do with firearms. I am wondering: Do I have a real find here? (and, would this be an actual functioning weapon)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, yesterday I really posted some erroneous info. Now that I have the actual weapon in my hand, let me try again. I have a wooden case with a Colt 45 Peacemaker inside. The case is marked: "1873 - Peacemaker Centennial - 1973" Inside the lid of the case is a Picture of Colt's founder.
If anyone can give me any info or value on this weapon it would be much appreciated. I am going to attempt and post some pictures here...don't know if it will work. However, three pictures can be viewed at the following URL: http://home.comcast.net/~pinkwetnoses/peacemaker.html

·
Registered
650 Posts
This revolver, if in unfired condition with all paperwork & boxed is valued ay approximately $1,500.00. Go to www.cherrys.com and you will see that they value it at $1,495.00.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If she actually has one of the 1873-1973 Centennials, and not some cheesy imitation, those are one of the most sought after Colts for actual shooting. Not so much as a collectors item, but for actual shooting. Tell us what the inscriptions are on the barrel and the frame. Look for a P stamped inside a triangle on the triggerguard. What is the Serial #. It should be on the underside of the frame. Was there any paperwork with it?

[This message has been edited by Driftwood Johnson (edited 03-05-2004).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts