Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea as to fair market price to pay for this model? looks to be close to unfired but the box is real ratty on one end. I think I could steam out most of the crunched cardboard though. I've had sucess with this in the past,didn't over do it just get it to lay flat. I'm interested as I have another the same NIB I bought in 1973 / 74
for $104.50. Building a small collection for my two nephews.

Thanks,
Ischia

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
I sold one just like that this past weekend for $800. It was in new condition in the original box. That's about the going rate, I think.

- - - Buckspen

·
Registered
862 Posts
I picked up a LNIB Buntline New Frontier .22 for just a little over $450 a few weeks back off GB. It was a late production example with the loading gate safety and was .22LR only. However, the peacemakers command much more than the New Frontier and Frontier Scout .22's. The Buntline's however seem to be the least desired of all peacemakers. Similar to the SAA's, value decreases every inch the barrel extends past the ejector rod. Below $600 you would be getting a good deal. Much above $750 you're paying top dollar IMHO

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just bought one on GB listed $550 starting bid. Box not worth anything, but the gun is nice w/b cylinders. Was surprised no one bid on it. It was local so gave it a new stable. I would say it was priced a little low, IMO.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Several months ago I bought this one, which I consider ANIB. The asking price from the consignor was $750, but there was no action on it for six months. I offered $650 and got a "yes.". I considered this a good deal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too spoke with the owner as I'm in Seattle so it would have been local for me as well. We e-mailed contact info and I said I'd take it but would wait for the auction to finish. Your bid beat me to it. A "little low" is an understatement .GREAT score. Jeff Miller,the owner, said when I called that someone had bid. Didn't see it on the completed auctions on GB but will now check again.

Ischi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts