Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can find very little information this gun. Does anyone know details about this model. I guess it come about from PP parts clean up.

I don't see it called out in the pricing guide. I do see it BOCFA's but little detail about the gun.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Do you speak of a Frankenstein.
Doesn't ring any bells to me.
I don't believe that such a gun has ever been discussed here.

Anyone else have a clue?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
group of second quality police pos. intended for export, most went to south america, or far east. however a few went to the british at begining of ww2. would have to look up the serial range but i belive time period was also mid-late 30`s. few survived in decent condition.a sought after collector gun, however beware of fakes. dux /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clue is that it is "B" stamped. This is just a B stamped Police Positive.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I wouldn't be too sure to say its a fake! I have a description of a Pequano from a 1989 Jeff Faintich ad for a Pequano,NIB.that he was asking $1495 for. The box was marked "American Manufacture",numbered to the piece,and a sure indicator of a Pequano(which means "little one in Spanish").Jeff's gun had an even rarer 2 " bbl. than the 2.5" on the one in the auction.

The gun on the auction is certainly in the correct serial range(but it is 1938,not '41). The "B" is suppossed to be on the barrel,denoting Model B Police Positives,and Jeff noted this in his description.

Wonder what the reserve price is? The frustrating thing about this gun,is that it would be difficult to get verification from a factory letter that it is indeed a true Pequano. Letter would probably just say the jobber it was shipped to. Sadly,Colt does NOT have a Roy Jinks,who will go the extra mile to do leg work on rare S&Ws. You can even call him(but don't pester him!). AND S&W letters are a helluva lot cheaper than Colt's.

So its really hard to say,as this is in the rarified atmosphere(and economics!!!) of advanced collecting.

If I saw it at a Gun Show,priced as a regular old .32 P.P.,I might by it for a lady friend who is looking for a nice small .32 to tuck in her lounging robe pocket when she lets her small dog out for his last "toilet run" late at night!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Colt - Police Positive - "Pequeno" marked - .32 Police - 4" barrel - Excellent plus condition. - 99% original bright nickel; very good bore; excellent mech & hard rubber grips. Excellent markings. I’m nearly certain the "PEQUENO" marking hand gun on the right side of the barrel is bogus, and it’s probable the small "B" on the rear of the left side of the barrel is also a later addition. This s/n is a bit early for the rare "PEQUANO" variation, plus Colt used the latter spelling w/ an "A" rather than "E" on the legit guns, and supposedly on the left side of the barrel rather than the right. There is a large "B" stamped in the frame crane cutout, which does look as if it may be legit, which may have inspired someone with a bit of larceny (or, more charitably, whistfulness) in their heart to "enhance" this lovely little gun w/ the extra markings. On the other hand, I’ve never seen a genuine PEQUANO, or if I have I didn’t pay it any attention, so I can’t say definitely on this one. - The true Pequano is a rare marking variation used on some 2nd quality Police Positives, sold in the South American market. The "B" marking was reportedly used by Colt to indicate 2nd quality. As an eternal optimist, I’ll price this in hopes that mebbe it’s a REALLY rare sub-variation of the Pequano that an advanced Colt collector will recognize, and will later reduce it if that seems indicated. I’ll throw in a quite entertaining letter by the dealer that sold this gun to the previous owner that demonstrates remarkable tap-dancing skill in its ability to avoid saying outright that the gun is faked. I guess not unlike this description, now that I think about it. - s/n 198221 - FFL - item # HC-PQ8221 - $435

Sales made only on the TERMS listed on this website. For orders or to check availability of an item, only (no general questions, please!) call 913-492-3000, 9am-4pm Central weekdays.

HOME SEARCH . Last updated 06/07/05.

Copyright Old Town Station, Ltd.

try to paste this one from jim supica`s site

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
opps i lost the photo somehow, perhaps one of our more experienced users can post the photo from this ad. shows a nice pic of the pequeno markings. dux /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw this gun on Supica`s site.

I agree that picking up one of these models is risky business.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colt - Police Positive - marked "B". - .32 cal. - 2-3/8" barrel. - Very good condition. - About 70% original blue, balance crisp plum metal; excellent markings include large "B" between Police / Positive & "32" on right side of barrel, as described for Pequano 2nd quality models. Fine mech & bright bore; fine C hard rubber grips. - One of the scarce B marked 2nd quality Police Positives, similar to some later production which were marked Pequano to sell in the Latin American market. Ca. 1910. - s/n 81463 - FFL - item # HC-P81463 - $565

1 - 10 of 10 Posts