Colt Forum banner
961 - 972 of 972 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

My new carbine got it last month Colt model CR6960 factory midlength gas system, I upgraded the factory Centurion Arms OEM 13.5" handguard to their top model Centurion ML1513 with more vent holes and quick detachable sling mounts.

Other changes to the factory carbine:
Scalarworks Peak 01 fixed front sight
Knight's Armament Micro 200-600m folding rear sight
Magpul handguard panels and angled forward grip
Geissele super charging handle & ambidextrous selector-safety
B5 Systems grip & Bravo SOPMOD buttstock
Vickers - Blue Force Gear 2 point sling
Magpul gen 3 windows PMAG

Colt CR6960 midlength carbine on top, at the bottom is my older Colt SP6920 marked "Sporter M4 Carbine" lower half with Colt LE6920-EPR CK Enhanced Patrol Rifle conversion kit upper half (made in 2019) with new Aimpoint DUTY red dot optic and Surefire Scout weaponlight.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I found a Colt Commander MkIV Series in a LGS and it had all sorts of offensive add ons attached - sloppy ambi thumb safety, extended slide and mag release, duckbill "universal" fit grip safety and aftermarket grips with a cheapo hammer. Grabbed it because any Colt is hard to find in CA, none of the changes were permanent and I have a healthy parts bin.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Couldn't do anything about the less than finely placed Colt factory work on the slide. :(

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
This is my “ shooter” Colt SAA,it’s from 1996. It is dual caliber in 45 Colt and 45 ACP. When I got it used it had been shot a lot in 45 Colt. I now only shoot 45 ACP hardball thru it. It’s been shot/ cycled probably thousands of times but still retains its good looks,a firm testament to Colt quality and how a body can take care of it. I believe the 45 ACP roll stamp is not seen too often and the box clearly identifies it so along with its dual cylinder identity from the Colt custom shop. It has its original black numbered grips which I use when shooting,I fitted these red Altamont Grips myself and they have a distinct look all their own along with the case colored hammer and “ bullseye “ ejector rod.
EDITED. Better light conditions.Pete

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
2 SAA convertibles. The top one is from 2021,I just finished fitting the ACP cylinder. In the Colt smithing section are other pics. The other is an original from 1996. I fitted the Altamont grips to the bottom one. Pete

White Blue Revolver Material property Gun barrel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Besides a ’64 & a ’67 Pontiac convertible(s) the ONE I wish I kept was a 2nd Gen, 1st month 5.5” SAA in .38 Spl. that had been used HARD for fast draw competition long ago. I bought it at a garage sale for $50 and sent it to the Colt Custom Shop for complete rehab. Converted to .45 Colt (fluted cylinder) + .45 ACP (non-fluted • shown) 4.75” bbl., and 1-Piece ivory grip. Then I used it for SASS competition in the mid 1980’s.

961 - 972 of 972 Posts