Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 .32 colt pocket, it looks to be in good original condtion, It may have been reblued. but I cant tell, the colt rampent is missing from the back of the left side of the slied, all other marks are present and crisp. has any one ever seen the colt logo missing?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Good picture, a bit "too "close" and yes, we have seen the 'pony' missing over the years.
I question the "pits" on the side of the frame and the trigger bow, at the frame junction. The gun companies did NOT blue guns over "pits"; casting voids, craters and tool marks, but NOT pits.........
My guess would also be it's 'redone", would have to "see more" of the gun. Is the vintage when the trigger and the safety were "color cased"?? Have not seen enough of them to say those parts may be "blue" or not, but the ones I have had over the 'early' years , these parts were ' case colored'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and info, I thought it may have been a reblue, I got it for 300 so it was priced right for a reblue in fine shape. I was just wondering about the missing logo. glad to hear that they were missing on some. I am posting some more photos for you to look at hope this will help for an opinion. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts