Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if they are easier to find, the LGS had a plain one and this one. I was looking for one and was going to buy the plain one but this one looked so good, I couldn't resist. I don't know if the photos did it much justice, the slide was highly polished and finished in Colt Royal Blue. If ACCUSPORTS did this as Colt said they did it was a fantastic job. Anyway I was glad to acquire the little pistol and it will look good with the rest of my Colt family.

Registered
to the best of my knowledge accusport only bought special made up colts and never made them up themselves.
not being privy to your conversation with colt I can only guess that they either gave you slightly mistaken information or possibly you misunderstood what they said.
accusport is a distributor that over the years has commissioned many special editions from colt. they have colt make up 500 or so in a certain way and they market them to dealers. examples, the elite 9 and 38 super elite gold cups were special editions that accusport had colt make up for them. as a matter of fact when I saw your pics and read accusport the first thing that came to my mind was that maybe it was marketed as a mustang elite or similar name.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer told me it was a special edition so I guess I did not understand what Colt told me or the lady didn't know. Anyway, she said it was a genuine Colt so I am assuming it was made up to Accusport specs by Colt. It was brand new in box and having another Colt makes me very happy as it was a super made up pistol.

Registered
I have a 1911 based version like this. From what I've seen they do batches in #250 increments. Seen a few "1911" varieties done in runs of 500 and 750. I think I saw another run of 250.They are nice guns but from what I have seen they aren't too coveted by collectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.