Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find this screw due to a stripped out head. I've tried Gun Parts with no luck. My ID of this gun is Colt Police Positive, .22 WRF,1st issue, Model G, sn 2605. Mfg. 1910 , blue finish, adj. rear sight windage only. Last Patent date on barrel is July 4th,1905. Anyone know where to find one or the size of it ? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
That is a first year production Police Positive Target chambered in .22 WRF. The Police Positive Targets were Colts first venture into the swing out cylinder .22 revolver market. You are correct in that it is a "G" Frame gun. With Numrich, I look under Colt Woodsman when I need front and rear sight parts for these guns. The screws seem to be the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Colt75.
I shot it when I first got it about 14 years ago. Now that I have it out and looking it over it will be going next time.
I saw it a gun show and my thought was I have 2 pump action rifles in that caliber, so why not. I just hope I can see
the sights.
I had a feeling joining this forum would be a good idea.
I also noticed that both grips have the serial #. Is this factory ? Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.