Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An elderly gentleman (80) has this gun and would like to know its dob and a value of some kind. He may be interested in the future in putting it up for sale as he could use the money and no longer desires the gun. This is a 6 inch blued with black plastic or hard rubber grips, gun is in fairly nice shape with some very fine surface rust on the top strap and in the yoke area. The rust would probably mostly come off with some work but its not my gun to do. The barrel has a little blue wear mostly at the muzzle. All in all in nice shape. Serial number is 187xx. I will take some pictures tomorrow and try to get them to post. I'm a S&W guy and do not know anything about Colt model numbers etc. Thank you for any and all help with this gun. He is sure it's worth a lot of money but I do not know. Maybe you guys could help me?

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I'm sure you'll get some knowledgeable replies from those who are more into the older guns as soon as they are back on the forum, especially with pics available. It seems it could be a Police Positive Target Model G (first issue) dating to 1922 from what you've said. It would have adj sight and the last patent date on the barrel would be July 4, 1905. FWIW the Blue Book on that is 70% = $425, 80% = $475 and 90% = $575. Again, I'm sure you'll get more and possibly better info. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
87 Posts
Interesting.I'm primarily a Smith guy, but I spotted one of these yesterday in very nice shape for 429.Didn't handle it as I prefer adjustable sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the old gent changed his mind (sellers remorse) we have all had this and called me today. He changed his mind about selling. After I took pictures and was about to post them.Well I tried to help him out but I,m happy he,s got his guns back that he THOUGHT he did not want and wanted to sell. I was trying to help him out but I,m happy for him that he made his decision. Thanks for the help. Later JFRAME

1 - 5 of 5 Posts