Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
How interesting!

And indeed, no cut outs to show inside of Barrel or Cylinder, so it can be fired okay.

It must have suffered some period of neglect as well as rough handling to have ended up with the finish and dings and so on it is showing.

Stocks look to me to have been replaced also...likely the original ones got broken in it being tossed around.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
As you have pointed out in past threads some new police/p.positive and early p.Positives had no vp as does your example. Just an observation you saw in past threads I noticed on this one though this one is unique in that it’s a cutaway, nonetheless less just pointing out what you already saw in the past. As usual, very unique and nice Sam.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sam,

I just noticed that your PP #3 was specifically mentioned in BOCF as a skeletonized or cut away. Out of an estimated 60, your number 3 is the only example mentioned by number.
Rick, Yes, noticed that as well and posted a pic of the text in the link to the page. Also interesting that in addition to the number 3 on the frame and crane that it's on the rear of the cylinder as well:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts