Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in a local shop yesterday. It is about a 60% blued gun with a nice even patina all over it. It didn't have the original grips and i forgot to get the serial number but it looks to me like it may be a first issue. No rust and it looked solid all around and seemed very tight. It had a price of $250 on it but I could probably haggle on it. Good deal? would there be any restrictions as to what modern day ammo could be shot out of it?

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
If the bore is shootable I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Of course you haggle first. Aftermarket stocks can be had from several suppliers. I have several of these PPTargets and they are perhaps my favorite Pe-War Colt DA revolvers. While the revolver may have been made before the advent of high velocity .22 LR ammuniton, I shoot high velocity Winchester ammo in mine and have had no problems. These were Colt's first venture into the .22 rimfire swingout cylinder revolver market. They really are elegant little .22 revolvers. Hope you get it. You will not be sorry. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
that is a steal!!!
i have one in much better condition than the one you described but nowhere near perfect that i plan on selling soon and i would want more than double that price.

buy it!

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I too shoot high velocity out of my early small frame 22 police positive target. Caution, make sure it is marked 22 cal and not 22 WRF. The later is hard to find ammo for and when you do, its about $10 a box of 50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts