Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any sources of magazines for a 1921ish Colt pre Woodsman? Does anyone have any experience with Triple K magazines?

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Online auctions are the best source for original magazines. Triple K magazines are usually not reliable, but can sometimes be adjusted to become more reliable.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Hello,
I'm pretty sure I have an extra one. I'll have a look.

Added: Nope, sorry to get your hope's up. It's for a second series model.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
i have an absolute brand new factory two tone mag. i believe it's a later first series woodsman though but i also believe it would fit. straight up, because of it's condition and rarity it would be pretty expensive if someone wanted to buy it, probably alot more than most people would be willing to pay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just a general question along the lines of this thread. Over the holidays I was given a 50's era Colt Challenger that was in the family for years (my first gun actually) and i'm thinking having a second mag wouldnt be a bad thing (especially since the original is 60 yrs old). My question/concern, since any mag i'd find would likely be on the net and not in person; how would one even know if the mag being purchased is any better then the one it could replace? Or is it somewhat of a crap shoot, find one that will fit a particular model pistol, then "hope" the spring is strong, the openings not bent up, etc.

just curious. thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Of course, there is risk for anything you buy online. That said, you could ask for a return privilege. If one is not offered, then you have to decide if the risk is worth it.

The magazines are usually very reliable, and usually can be repaired if the feed lips are bent or the like. The spring can be replaced, but a weak spring is very unlikely.

Your money, your choice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all responses. I figured original magazines were expensive and rare. I was hoping there might be an aftermarket source that was reliable. The gun dates to 1921, and came with an original magazine that works great, but I was hoping to aquire more magazines as, well, I'm kinda lazy and loading a magazine, shooting a magazine and then repeating is time consuming. And a magazine of .22s don't last long. The gun is dead on accurate and reliable with CCI Standard Velocity, and Green Tag. It came with the afore mentioned original magazine and what I think is a homemade or locally made holster that I believe dates to the 20s as well. I'll try and get some photos up as I do plan on getting a letter for the ol' gal. Thanks again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a couple of tk mags. They seem to work well if I only load 9 rounds. You can buy 3tk for the cost of 1 original. Probably 2 of them will shoot fine. Try one and see. Good luck, I love 1st series woodsmans! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts