Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about Lew Horton distributing? Stumbled onto them from items on these pages and I like what I've seen ... like that, "Combat Commander," .357. I found their web page and a rather gaudy - in a GOOD way - .45 Colt auto. I'd like to know more about this gun and this company, which wouldn't take much since I know NOTHING now! Over?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,882 Posts
I'm not up on the current offerings from Horton.

However, Lew Horton is an VERY big, MAJOR gun wholesaler. They've been around for a good number of years, and have a reputation that's as good as it gets.

They've offered Horton-only special production firearms for some years, and they are always extremely high quality models.

Usually, their limited edition arms are more on the order of actual working guns, instead of the gold and silver etched collector's decorative items others sell.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks, dfw. This auto is blue, engraved and has extended, ambidextrous thumb safeties and a skeleton trigger and hammer. The grips look like burled maple. The price is marked right around $1000. BUT, after reading about the SLPD from you, I think I'll go with that vintage .38 super I mentioned earlier. Pardon me, ... make that, "super .38!" <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfariswheel:
I'm not up on the current offerings from Horton.

However, Lew Horton is an VERY big, MAJOR gun wholesaler. They've been around for a good number of years, and have a reputation that's as good as it gets.

They've offered Horton-only special production firearms for some years, and they are always extremely high quality models.

Usually, their limited edition arms are more on the order of actual working guns, instead of the gold and silver etched collector's decorative items others sell.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts