Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this set of prints as a decorator item for my library. I'm not a Colt collector and don't know anything about them. They look old. At the lower right of each print, it says "Colt's Mfg. Co., Hartford, CT" I was hoping someone might recognize them and be able to tell me more about them.

·
Premium Member
9,700 Posts
If I recall correctly, Colt sold these prints in the 1960s, but, if they say "Colt's Mfg. Co.," that would have to be in the 1947 to 1955 era before Colt returned to the "Colt's Pt. F. A. Mfg." name. I suppose they could be that old.

They were made to look old at the time issued, and have yellowed even more since then. I seem to recall that there were five different ones (I think the 1951 Navy is the missing one in the series pictured), but my set is not at hand as I write so it may have only been four in the set. They show up on eBay from time to time.

My wife, not knowing that I had a set, ran onto a single picture at an antique show and paid like $75 (!) for it, thinking she had found a really old Colt item for me. I have never told her anything different because it was a nice gesture.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That sounds right. I have a couple sets of these. Bought them during my initial ebay buying craze. Should have just bought revolvers.

They are really quite stunning framed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You should be proud of these prints, no matter how much they are worth or where you can get them. They are prints of great Colt revolvers and I would like to have some as well. Can some of us sound any more stuck up????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts