Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a "NIB" Blue 4" Colt Python on GB in the spring of last year. Into the first box of 38 special rounds it began to misfire every three shots or so in double action. Works as expected in single action.

I decided send it to Colt Mfg. for a repair, followed by custom tune.

NINE MONTHS LATER.... Colt Mfg. returned my firearm (repaired and tuned), except it was NOT repaired and still misfires in double action use.

I really don't want to give Colt Mfg. a second chance, particularly since they essentially held my revolver hostage ("oh, we cannot return it until it has been repaired and test fired") for 3/4 of a year, so I am look for alternatives.

I don't mind getting on an extended waiting list, I just don't want the revolver to be sitting on someones bench for months and months.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I would contact Colt and inform them of the problem and I'm sure they will expedited a repair....My .02

·
Registered
802 Posts
Have you tried different types of ammo? There is a place here in Nebraska that seems to have a good rep, they're called Cylinder & Slide Inc . They are not cheap, but you can be on their waiting list and still keep the python until it's time for repair. I would try Colt first.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Get the kuhnhausen manual and also read all the posts you can here, on the forum about gunsmithing the V-spring/rebound lever action and try fixing it yourself. It MAY(or may not) just need heavier spring tension. Maybe some union worker that doesn't really know what He's doing, worked on it-maybe it wasnt really wasnt one of the 2 really experienced gunsmiths there at Colt.Or maybe they just missed something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts