Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt python 2.5\"

What is a fair price for a NIB vintage python 2.5 incher? I founs one for $1100. How does the royal blue finish hold up? I would really like one of the pair from the "snake eyes" sets, but can't find any info on them other than the two topics on this forum.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Re: Colt python 2.5\"

Snake Eyes... Yikes. That will cost you plenty more than the $1100 for the NIB one you're asking about.
If you think about the 2.5 inch Python, they have not been made in years. Aside from the 3 inch barrel, the 2.5 is the hardest one to find.
A NIB Python Elite would set you back a $1000 bill if you can find one.
$1100 does not sound out of line for a NEW in box (correct grips) Python snubby. You just won't find one on everyones table at a gun show, so there's not tons of them to choose from.
NEW in box means just that though. NO signs of blueing wear correct ?
If it's showing minor wear and in matching box, I would think the $900 range.
Hope that helps.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I found a NIB 2 1/2 incher w/all the goodies from a guy that inherited it. I had to give him $1200 for it (really didn't like that part), but it dates to 1963. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet when you want something.
How well the finish holds up is relative to how much usage you put it thru and how you care for it. Keep it out a holster, well oiled, and don't be rough with it and normally all you will get is a cylinder line.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 04-22-2005).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Gunkwazy, I saw on another topic that you had the snake eyes model. How did you find it, and if you don't mind me asking, what is the ballpark pricerange for one?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

I do happen to have a Blue one.
The last pair on GB sold for right around $1650-$1750 each. They were mint boxed. They sold the same day. One Blue & one Stainless. They don't come up for sale very often.
My story is...
I found mine on the internet. The gentleman that sold me mine did NOT know it was a Python. He just knew the gun as a Colt Snake Eyes. Thank goodness he kept the box & papers. Here's a pic of mine.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

By the way. The barrel on the Snake Eyes model is NOT marked Python. It is marked SNAKE EYES instead.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Man that gun is beautiful. Are those stocks what come on the gun originally? I would love to have a set in my stable but at 3200 a pair, I may only be able to aquire one at a time. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Yep, those are the original grips/stocks that come on the Snake Eyes Revolvers.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts