Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, Been a while since i was on here..Just picked up a stainless python-4"..ive had a number of blue pythons but never a stainless one..I paid $2,000 for it..not sure if thats what there going for- but it was in such nice shape i jumped on it..it has dark grips with the gold med. should it have these grips??? what should i clean it with???? again, i dont know to much about stainless guns..thanks for any help.........

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
basically, you should be able to use the same cleaning stuff on a stainless gun as you use on blue guns. stainless is not like nickel where you have to worry about ammoniated solvents working on the nickel plating.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Seriously Professor Flyboy."ammoniated solvents".D*

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
2k is a steal for one in nice shape you did well.As TF said you are pretty safe, even with cleaners containing NH[SUB]3
[/SUB]

·
Registered
777 Posts
Great price for you, seller could have got more. My stainless Pythons came with rubber grips and silver medallions but the one stainless had wood and gold medallions. I wish I could find a 4" for $2000.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just picked up another 4" Stainless NIB (1985 Mfg) the grips are a dark brown with gold medallions. Based on everything I can find 1985 was a transition period for switching to rubber Pachmayr's. My 1991 4" Stainless version has the Rubber Pachmayr gripper.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I just picked up another 4" Stainless NIB (1985 Mfg) the grips are a dark brown with gold medallions. Based on everything I can find 1985 was a transition period for switching to rubber Pachmayr's. My 1991 4" Stainless version has the Rubber Pachmayr gripper.
Colt introduced the Pachmayr rubber stocks/grips on the Python in 1980 and gave these Pythons a unique Model Number suffix "P" as seen on my NIB Nickel Python from that year. I am the original owner of the Python. There was a recent thread on the subject of Pachmayr stocks and Pythons here: http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/56586-help-python-question.html

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Congrats Mike. Looks like you are having great success on your hunts. Good for you sir

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats Mike. Looks like you are having great success on your hunts. Good for you sir
Thanks. My window of opportunity to continue collecting is rapidly closing. There is a bill in front of our Governor that if he signs it will limit me to 2 private party transactions a year for non certified guns. On the bright side look at all the money ill save :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts