Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
First time poster but long time lurker. I recently have been offered an oppurtunity to buy some colts and would like your expert viewpoints on them.
The first is an 8" colt python-- it is new in the box with all original tags and paperwork and box. the price is 1800
second: Anaconda 8" same condition as Python for 1400
third: 4" king cobra excellent condition, box papers and so on for 1125.

I know the values on these guns are raising but just kind of need to know if you all think this is a good deal.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I think those are good prices for all the guns mentioned. Especially if they are all new in the box. Does the Anaconda have the box and papers?? If so grab them all. If you want you could probably turn them all for a slight profit right away. But I'd hang on to them and enjoy them. You won't lose money on any of them. In my opinion!! But like they say " Opinions are like [email protected]!es everybody has one"

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
There is no question that those guns will retain and gain value. You have to decide if you're gonna shoot 'em or keep 'em for trade and so forth. I'm thinkin' a NIB Python is not a shooter theses days. What is the Anaconda chambered for? I saw a 'like new' one in .45 long colt at the trading post the other day on consignment. He wanted $1275 for that one. It would be a shooter and not NIB.
Price is what folks are willing to pay. If it is what you want, and you have plans for them, then, by all means, go make a deal.
There won't be any more new Colt revolvers anytime soon, if ever.
I say strike while the iron is hot.
Make hay while the sun shines, so to speak, eh?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Prices, for their stated condition, seem about right. Not sure you're wanting advice on buying all of them butu if you were I think I'd offer a flat $4000.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a choice. I had a budget. If I could have (without wifey strangling me) I would have gotten all of them. But since the Nazi dug her feet in the ground, I had to choose. I chose the Anaconda in .44 Rem Mag. Why? Because I thought to myself "Self, if you're gonna get one crack at this- might as well get the BIG DADDY". So, although all of them are awesome works of art and legendary already, then I can get a Python later. They seem to be more prolific anyway. Also, a .44 isn't easy to shoot out of too many guns without a sore hand after a box, but my Annie can pop all day and I still feel great. .357's can shoot out a much greater variety with comfort. Taurus (HOLD ON, DON'T GET REDNECK ON ME) makes a great gun in .357 until I save up or wifey loosens the noose a little. After all, she has fallen in love with my Anaconda, and she will soon be more open minded to getting a python.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I just needed to get reassurance. I have been seeking a python for a long time now and know that is a good price. But still questioned myself because I like to be able to know that I could sell or trade it and make money or just break even. Considering all of them at least have boxes and paperwork, I think these will be collectors, not shooters. Im still looking for a beat to hell python for shooting reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts