Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I know you're not fond of tearing up factory Pythons.
But, I had to do it.
This is my latest Creation. I call it the Flamethrower.
Stainless Python with a Ported 6 inch tube, Patridge front sight, Elliason rear sight from a Gold Cup National Match.
Completely refinished with polished Flame graphics down the length of the barrel on both sides and then a Polished ring around the cylinder. Top it off with some vintage 2 piece badger fingergrooves and Whallah... Das Flamethrower !!!

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This has got to sink in before I can give you an objective personal opinion about this gun.....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry, but I don't.

I think the stocks are wrong, the color scheme of the orange and green just don't reach out to the stainless flaming on the barrel.

I definetly don't deny the craftmanship of this project, I just would have picked a different color scheme for the stocks.

Try something with a white and blue airbrush design on lackered stocks. (just a hint)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry you don't like her Smoke.
If you saw her in person, you may think a little differently.
The Blue you're seeing is actually the reflection of the sky over head in the bright polished SS flames. So, there is no Blue to clash.

The pictures are very hard to capture the true looks of this gun.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I realized later that the blue flame was indeed the reflection of the sky. Brilliantly done by the way!

The flame is in my view the main focus of your work of art, that's the thing that at first got me going. But the stocks distract my eye to much, to me it's like a false tuned instrument in an orchestra. It's not in harmony, so to speak.

He, no need to defend yourself! Artist porocetive to have his own expression of a creative mind! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey, GUNKWAZY
Incredible craftsmanship! Was the relief pattern sand/bead-blasted? IMHO, a pair of smoked mother-of-pearls with a polished Tyler T-Grip would be as much as one could hope for
on planet earth.
I'm a traditional guy, who collects primarily guns made prior to the 70's, but that piece of yours is like a 32 Deuce hot rod!
Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.