Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm watching AuctionArms,this Colt Python Nickel 3inch new in box from a seller in Fl. with no feedback,first time listing and just joined,and the bidding is over $10,005 with 10 minutes left! Am I missing something or are these guys a little crazy bidding on this gun? Did Colt make a 3inch Python Nickel and I'm wondering if this gun is really New in serial numbered box? Has to be Something to see if indeed it's real! Oh,forgot to say, No Pics!!! Looks like a member here is bidding!

· Registered
259 Posts
hello to all i am the buyer i have been looking for one of these for a while to come a little closer to putting together my collection i have a nib 3 inch blued and been wanting a nickel 3 inch with that being said my ffl is going on a all expences paid trip to fl to check out the purchase to make sure it is as described only then the funds will be dispersed he and i are familiar with some fakes/clones that are on the market and we do realize that this seller has no feedback and is a new seller we also understood that there were no pictures posted but again it was described as nib so hopefully this will not be a wasted trip i will be sure to keep you all abreast of the final out come thanks again jamie

· Registered
3,846 Posts
Odds are VERY slim it is Legit. I would bid $15,000 as a feeler and if it were legit and truly NIB $20k.

· Registered
3,144 Posts
I was the second highest bidder and voluntarily allowed the winner to outbid me when I was sent a warning email by the gunauction website. They specifically told me not to pay for the item if I won it until I saw proof of the gun. I also just received an email from the seller with pictures from a 2007 auction on the same site. She was asking me to send payment of $1900 and the gun was mine. Said her husband was in the hospital and she was with him when I asked for a specific photo of the gun with a prop in the background. Amazing the scams that are out there.

· Registered
3,189 Posts
hello to all i am the buyer i have been looking for one of these for a while to come a little closer to putting together my collection i have a nib 3 inch blued and been wanting a nickel 3 inch with that being said my ffl is going on a all expences paid trip to fl to check out the purchase to make sure it is as described only then the funds will be dispersed he and i are familiar with some fakes/clones that are on the market and we do realize that this seller has no feedback and is a new seller we also understood that there were no pictures posted but again it was described as nib so hopefully this will not be a wasted trip i will be sure to keep you all abreast of the final out come thanks again jamie

We will stick around for the grand finale,,,

· Registered
3,846 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.