Colt Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Careful ... this discussion has extended to cover 2 different auctions and 2 different sellers.

Early discussion - FL dealer - Colt Python 3 For Sale at GunAuction.com
Mid range discussion - OH dealer - 3" Colt Nickel Python-Flawless- Absolute Auction : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Careful with this one - another fake Python

Towards the end, it is uncertain as to which dealer the comments may be referring. As for any 3" Colt Python, get an archive letter. Use the rest of the posts to see various inputs.

Good luck to all, and hopefully better knowledge will prevent anyone from being scammed.

· Registered
621 Posts
Careful ... this discussion has extended to cover 2 different auctions and 2 different sellers.Early discussion - FL dealer - Colt Python 3 For Sale at GunAuction.comMid range discussion - OH dealer - 3" Colt Nickel Python-Flawless- Absolute Auction : Revolvers at GunBroker.comTowards the end, it is uncertain as to which dealer the comments may be referring. As for any 3" Colt Python, get an archive letter. Use the rest of the posts to see various inputs.Good luck to all, and hopefully better knowledge will prevent anyone from being scammed.
I thought they were both scams?

· Registered
3,144 Posts
The gunbroker gun was an actual gun that exists and was sold. The gunauction gun was a fake auction of a gun that the scammer does not own or intend to ship. Semantics!

· Registered
6 Posts
Gosh, I hope it works out for you!! I just bought a Diamondback in .38, blue with 2.5 barrel. Was at least 98% but no box or paperwork for 400.00. I had no idea that a Python that length would go so high. Wow. If I would only have kept all my guns back in the 60s and 70s along with my cars I would be rich right now. lol

· Registered
65 Posts
Looks like there was a problem with the GunBroker Python according to the feedback. Possibly one of those re-barreled specials? It may be a good idea for one of the monitors of this site to start a master file of ANY Colt serial numbers that are found and reported to be a fake or modified to help members weed out issues like this. I hate to say this, but it is only going to get worse as Colt prices keep climbing!

· Registered
4,884 Posts
So I'm watching AuctionArms,this Colt Python Nickel 3inch new in box from a seller in Fl. with no feedback,first time listing and just joined,and the bidding is over $10,005 with 10 minutes left! Am I missing something or are these guys a little crazy bidding on this gun? Did Colt make a 3inch Python Nickel and I'm wondering if this gun is really New in serial numbered box? Has to be Something to see if indeed it's real! Oh,forgot to say, No Pics!!! Looks like a member here is bidding!
I believe in Tinkerbell and Santa.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm going to buy an 8" barrel cut it down to 3" and have it blued but I'm going to have Black Mamba and its going to be a one of a kind. This is my new project. I was thinking of nickel but being a black mamba I'm going to keep it blue. Any thoughts?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Maybe I'll sell it as a black mamba special edition one of a kind. I can feel like Keystone owning one of those wonderful rare pythons he always teases us about. Keystone you want to adopt a hard working self maintaining son?

· Registered
3,846 Posts
We will be able to tell by seeing the gun and the box. I don't need a letter to tell me if the gun is authentic if you have the original box.

· Registered
3,846 Posts
The Foil label shown in the last photograph should be filled out by Pacific International. It should say 3" ect. Is it filled out of blank?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.