Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from a freind last weekend wanting to sell me his Colt Python 1993 6" blued with box and manuals. He sold me this gun for $925 in 95-98%. He had a Cylinder & Slide super action job and champion sights put on it. He still has the orginal sights he gave me. Will this hurt the value or make it worth more with the action job. Cylinder & Slide charged him around $600 for this work he had done. This now make 2 Colt Pythons I have now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think it will hurt it. Just make sure you have a service receipt for the work done. This way you can prove the work was done by a reputable gunsmith and not Bubba the garage gunsmith.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't think it detracts from the value, but I also wouldn't expect it to add. I think that swapping the original sights back on would be a good move, as anything "external" will probably detract from the value much like aftermarket stocks would. Sounds like a great shooter thought and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that you can see that was done was the barrel muzzle crown job. The action job is very smooth compared to my other Python and Trooper III. I would not of done this to a Colt Python.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pythons were made to shoot and enjoy. It's common knowledge that they are unhappy in boxes and safes for extended periods of time, so shoot that baby and don't worry about the residual value. Life is too short, and besides if you don't shoot it, someone else will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts