Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the Colt Snake Eyes Python firearms are to be mounted in the display case. There are (2) 2 1/2" guns that somehow hang on the acrylic pegs. Does anyone have a picture of the guns hanging in the case? The attached photo is an un-altered factory case (I have the other die - just came loose). Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Put the barrels on the straight rods and then hook the hammer on the center hooks.

FC /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regrettably, that doesn't work. If that were the case, then I think my case was manufactured wrong. The center posts would need to be rotated 20-30 degrees, so that the part that hooks under the hammer would be perpendicular to the barrel rod. And I can't rotate the center rods as they are glued. Does anyone have a picture of an unaltered case with the guns hanging??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture - regrettably, the calzaretta.com picture is of an altered case. Most collectors cut out the acrylic pegs from the case and added their own hooks to the backboard as you see here in the picture. I have contacted Colt to see their remedy. As I remember from 17 years ago - the cases were in fact manufactured wrong. The center pegs needed to be rotated 20-30 degrees to make them perpendicular to the side post. Since the pegs are glued in, and would be ruined trying to reposition or remove them, I can't remember if they supplied replacement posts or not. Will see what their response is.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I know exactly where you are coming from… I own the Display box with the exact same mounting system… I am aware of four mounts (there may be more) including ours that the Eyes were shipped with… I like you tried 6 ways from Sunday to use them… I even contacted the original owner in which his reply was; he could not figure it out so he didn’t use it… I ended up breaking one of the ones that you would assume was inserted into the barrel… This, as it turned out was a Godsend…

Thus I ended up making my own mounting system and in my opinion is a much classier one with a few pieces of Oak… The center mount has a dowel going thru it that the barrels truly mount on that is obviously much more stable… The base is as simple as the pictures show… You will also note that I dressed it up with an additional set of dice and a Royal Flush…

Hope this relieves your headache and you can soon use your display… Also, if I can be of further assistance don’t hesitate to contact me offline…

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey RCK58! If you send me the case and the revolvers, I'm certain I could figure it out....within a few years anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Unfortunately I'm without a Snake Eyes set right now!
Is it possible to slide a cylinder chamber onto one of the "hooks" and the butt would rest on the horizontal peg?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As it turns out Colt was of no help. Their so called picture showed nothing. Does anyone have a picture of an un-altered factory case with the guns hanging???????

·
Registered
689 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hey RCK58! If you send me the case and the revolvers, I'm certain I could figure it out....within a few years anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Unfortunately I'm without a Snake Eyes set right now!
Is it possible to slide a cylinder chamber onto one of the "hooks" and the butt would rest on the horizontal peg?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will field this one for rick58... Unfortunatly it is not possible... The Shorty Pythons will not reach the "horizontal peg" with the top mount inserted into the barrel... This is his quandry!!!

Regarding the opening part of your question; Do you think you could figure it out by May 19th of 2009... If so he may take you up on it... But you would have to hold your breath until it's returned...

Be good,

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts