Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
O THIS GOING TO BE A GOOD THREAD.

PICS HELP.

But knowing it being NIB,i would say the right person 6k,i might be wrong just my 2 cents,but you have a sought after gun.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
You might need to check that serial number as Colt introduced 8" barreled Pythons in 1980.

In order to get the most, and most reliable responses, I would also suggest that you share some photos of the Python.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
K439xx should be a 1981 python.

V88374 - V99999
AL01001 - AL9999
LA0101 - LA9999
VA1001 - VA9256
K01001 - K16265
K16266 - K75747
K75748 - K99999

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
You know these things far better than me John, and I guess that is the beauty of the internet because 8" pistols just do not move around here. My way of thinking is if you want to know what it is worth send it to auction with no reserve and it will show you

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You know these things far better than me John, and I guess that is the beauty of the internet because 8" pistols just do not move around here. My way of thinking is if you want to know what it is worth send it to auction with no reserve and it will show you
I will agree with you , you can send it to auction at no reserve and the market will tell you just exactly what the gun is worth at that moment in time. All we can do is speculate. I really have no interest in the gun but I atleast wanted to give the OP a realistic place to start based on a cash offer. I don't believe in giving a guy a unrealistic number and get up false hope. I dont believe in giving him either a low figure either based on a regional market prices. Hes made it to the forum, hes found his way to internet prices or atleast he wants to. The gun could bring 6k or 2200 but I think the all day everyday realistic number is 3600-4000 on the Internet. My speculation is based on selling the gun under optimal conditions. Optimal conditions, include the gun being 100% new in the box, good pictures,solid description,and the seller having good feedback. Lots of things effect the outcome of the final price realized. Just because you seen one of these bring 6,000 once upon a time dont automatically make this gun worth 6,000. You have to compare this gun to recent bona fide sales to come up with a responsible guess. You just don't pull numbers out of the sky if you want to be fair with the OP. I try to have a method for my madness. Any blue sky price realized for a gun is possible, but not every price is probable. Being realistic sells guns which in turn provides comparibles.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
As far as I can tell ,they aren't attracting much bid on GB in the 3's now- and that's about the most expensive place to buy.
So I think J.F.'s dealer offer of 3K, is very fair indeed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What is it worth?

The Million Dollar question.

it is worth what someone is willing to pay.

the internet is far different on pricing than where any of us live.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.