Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,
Since you responded so well to my previous Python Prototype post, here's the next one.
You know with all the talk through the years about gun safety, at some point Colt experimented with a safety on their revolvers. Here's the proof. It's a Python prototype with a safety lever. Glad that never happened as all the Python Elite guns are not wearing these today.
We know how well the Smith & Wesson guns sell to collectors that have the hammer safety.
You can see the safety lever along with the altered grips to allow for the movement of the safety.
Yes, the safety works, and yes, I have the factory historical letter.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
:bang_wall::bang_wall::bang_wall: fugly but rare WOW. i would not mind that being in my stable !!!!,not offering to buy.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Gunkwazy, you have some outstanding guns!

I have seen some early Belgian (IIRC) revolvers with a safety that prevents the trigger from moving.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
EEeeekkk I not sure what to say, is it cool or eewwww, wait a minute of course its cool, dammit, its a PYTHON. I like. I can only imagine what this rare serpent would bring. Unusual to say the least.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Where in the world do you get these beyond amazing Colt prototypes? Did you work at Colt as Director of Prototype Production? I'm a bit envious. Keep them coming. Love 'em.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I knew there were more great stories out there for us new guys to read. Please keep them coming.
Sure glad my Colts don't have them on!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I know that S&W's internal lock has been named the Hillery Hole would this be the Bill????????????????Never mind lets not go there.It's ugly and at the same time interesting in an obtuse kinda way.D*

Reactions: mafd2

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Always love to see a small part of an amazing collection. Thanks
Yep, Jeff does have amazing Pythons but this one is horrible... what an embarrassment and a disgrace to Colt firearms lol... Colt should've destroyed this Python before the public ever saw it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts