Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a new carry gun & need help from the A Team. "I'm an old timer who thinks he might like the wheel." (Kimber 1911, PPK/s, 38 cheif's in the past.)
Pro's & Con's on the Python. Size, weight (all day carry), ect. Will carry in OWB. $$ is not a big concern.

Guys Thanks alot for your help. One of these days I settle on "ONE" (the perfect ONE).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
As an "old timer" with disposable income the Python should be right up your alley. Since it is a medium framed revolver weight has never been a major concern with most that people carry revolvers. A 4" barreled model balances quite well and makes an excellent holster revolver. They don't take an abusive life very well, but treat them with respect and you will have one fine looking and accurate handgun. I'm not saying it should be babied as it really is a strong revolver, but it is more of a target revolver than one of those models used in today's action shooting games.
If your carry revolver is to live a hard life then the King Cobra (a newer design medium framed Colt) may be the better answer. It won't have the refinement of the Python, but it will stand up to a harder life better than it.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 08-30-2004).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts