Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm on the hunt for a new colt 1911. I'm thinking I want the colt rail gun so i could put a flashlight on it. I just wanted to know what people who own colt rail guns in 45 acp think of this pistol? I also was wondering about finish durability? is the finish scratch prone? thanks for your time.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My black ceracote Rail Gun is awesome. Crazy accurate. Fantastic trigger right out of the box. It just really doesn't wear with the ceracote finish. I love everything about the gun. If you want a 1911 with a rail, the Colt Rail Gun is the one to have.

Reactions: Dave58

·
Registered
66 Posts
I waited to find the black ceracote rail gun and was glad I did. I love the gun, it shoots well, and feels better than my .40 cal; no complaints. I am waiting for Surefire to come out with their x400 with the green laser. They told me last month that it should be out in August but that was one reason I wanted the rail as well. I can't imagine that you will be disappointed. I have only put about 1,000 rounds through mine and stripped it a few times but there have been no issues or concerns on scratching or durability to date. I have not had any issues with the sights as mentioned by "quicksilvergoat".

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the stainless steel model. I have a very early one. The slide feels like it's on bearings. Been waiting for a black rail for the wife since November. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have not had the Cerakote on any weapon at all yet. Is it really that durable? I dont mean "drop it a side walk and expect no scratches". But the everyday wear at like the range, cleaning, holster wear is a biggie. Can you expect it to hold up well against these things? My new Sig MK 25, nice gun, but just 2 or 3 quick tests for fit in a Blackhawk, and you would think it spent a season riding on my hip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.