Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if Colt keeps records on past refurbishings. I have a PPS in 32-20 that checks out to the time frame of 1912. This Colt has a beutiful Nickle finish and perfect "C" grips. The barrel has a last patent date of Oct 5, 1926 and has that "&" refinish mark just above the left front trigger guard. Obviously well kept after a "Great" factory overhaul, I am courious as to the history of this "Swell looking pistol". Thanks.........

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I hope Colt is better than S&W in keeping these records! S&W began to stamp the month & year of the rebuild & refinish on the side of grip frame sometime after WW @,so you'd think they'd be e-z to find! Wrong! Have tried 2 different guns-and no records were kept! Good Luck! Bud

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lonewolf:
I hope Colt is better than S&W in keeping these records! S&W began to stamp the month & year of the rebuild & refinish on the side of grip frame sometime after WW @,so you'd think they'd be e-z to find! Wrong! Have tried 2 different guns-and no records were kept! Good Luck! Bud<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure how Colt keeps rework/repair records, but apparantly, S&W filed work orders by owners name. I've seen this question come up on the SWCA forum a couple of times, and to look up rework records for anything returned to the factory, Roy needed the name of the person who returned the gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts