Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been waiting to try to send my Python back in due to the pandemic. Are they doing anything right now? Don’t want to send my pistol back if it’s just going to sit for months, was curious if the batch of bad first run 2020 pythons had all worked through the system yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sent my python back on March 16th. They told me it would be 30 business days before repairs were complete.
After said amount of time passed I e-mailed Colt and asked about repair progress and if the virus is having any
impact on repair time. There was no response to the virus question but they were happy to inform me that the new
turn around time will be 90 days and if I haven't received my firearm by June 18th give them a call and they will look
into its time of completion. I am beyond words on how depressing this whole transaction has played out.
Good luck, Jeff

·
Registered
101 Posts
I sent in my king cobra for its second warranty repair (sore subject) and it will be here Monday. So first visit 5 weeks total and second 4 weeks total

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Colt Customer Service

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT 06144 USA

Tel: 800-962-COLT (2658)
Fax: (860) 244-1379

NOTE - 3/18/2020
Due to current CDC recommendations surrounding the potential spread of COVID-19, all
Colt Customer Service inquiries will be handled remotely via our voicemail messaging center.

Colt Customer Service personnel will be returning calls from offsite.

If you have a current firearm service concern, please leave a voicemail with your name, callback number, and any identifying informationsuch as a case number, RMA number, or serial number if you have it.

You can also email Colt Customer Service:

[email protected].

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Let's see, millions of Americans have lost their jobs. Thousands have had trips cancelled by the airlines. 100,000 have died due to the pandemic, and now there are riots in all major cities. Many haven't been to a restaurant, dentist, or doctor for elective surgeries in months. Relative to all that, the need to return a Colt for service and wanting prompt replies from them are not that important.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would disagree that having your firearm repaired is unimportant during these times. Apparently Ruger is having no issues repairing arms or answering the phone.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I’ve been waiting to try to send my Python back in due to the pandemic. Are they doing anything right now? Don’t want to send my pistol back if it’s just going to sit for months, was curious if the batch of bad first run 2020 pythons had all worked through the system yet?
No issue at all. Actually there were not as many that were returned as you think. Send it in.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I would disagree that having your firearm repaired is unimportant during these times. Apparently Ruger is having no issues repairing arms or answering the phone.
I agree. Even with all this going on people still have likes and hobbies and would like to see other things besides all the negative crap on the news. A lot of businesses are just using the Covid pandemic as an excuse.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got my KC back. 4 weeks door to door. Hopefully it’s fixed this time I’m happy with the 2 warranty experiences minus the not fixed fight the first time :)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Because they state their current business practice regarding calls on their website is that it will go to voice mail and be answered later, by off site personnel.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Only problem with that is they are Rugers. Pete

·
Registered
125 Posts
No issue at all. Actually there were not as many that were returned as you think. Send it in.
Busa, they received my Python back on March 26th and I just received it this week. To my surprise, the screws do not have any locking solution on them, and the crown was not repaired. They did replace the tiny screw on the sight which was missing though, and it looks like they shot the hell outta the gun because it was DIRTY. Dirtier than anything I ever did to it, lol!

What's the deal? I've been emailing Customer Service in regards to another pistol I have but only got a quick reply the first time when they asked me to send that gun in. They didn't give me any RMA or anything else, so I emailed them back. I've been replying to the same email every Friday with absolutely no response. Been about a month of emails.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts