Colt Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
That sucks. I had 2 repairs 5 weeks on the first and 4 weeks on second. Finally fixed. They were decent on responses in emails. I wish they’d get their Sh/t together..

·
Registered
125 Posts
That sucks. I had 2 repairs 5 weeks on the first and 4 weeks on second. Finally fixed. They were decent on responses in emails. I wish they’d get their Sh/t together..
Two repairs, same gun? You sent it back after the first and that's how long it took? Was that this Spring?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bought new 3 inch king cobra in feb. awesome piece. So excited!! at this time colt was “the best” that’s what your paying for right?? :)
Take it out with mixed GOOD over the counter name brand ammo 38 special. Bang bang bang CLICK! Wth? Go back around and BANG! 30-40 misfires out of 150 rds
Send it in after struggles to get an RMA
5 weeks door to door. All excited, trigger feels better than Ever! I think they did a trigger job or such. Take it back out.. same click click as before or worse! By this time I’m sick of it and covid going on. I’m OFF the colt bandwagon. “If it’s not fixed this time it’s going to Frank Glenn then sold at a loss”. Email them- very apologetic and back in to colt. 4 weeks door to door. It’s fixed and I’m back on the fan boy bandwagon. It really is the finest handgun I’ve ever owned in every aspect. Fit and finish is spectacular
It saddens me to see everyone’s trouble
I hope you get yours all squared away

they never told me what they did ether visit

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Glad you got it fixed, Shoebox. I have the 3” KC and I like it better than my 4” Target KC.
i Had some extra efforts in getting my 6” Python fixed , but they got it. the only sand still left in my shoe is what you hit on. nice to know what the fix was. I don’t know if other gun manufacturers divulge/provide the fix information to the customer currently either.
what I’ve learned with the new KC’s , Cobras, pythons is verify function and prior to that, Remove the stocks, check all screw tightness on the entire gun and they might prevent something or at least catch the issue under warranty. At least you did that !

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad you got it fixed, Shoebox. I have the 3” KC and I like it better than my 4” Target KC.
i Had some extra efforts in getting my 6” Python fixed , but they got it. the only sand still left in my shoe is what you hit on. nice to know what the fix was. I don’t know if other gun manufacturers divulge/provide the fix information to the customer currently either.
what I’ve learned with the new KC’s , Cobras, pythons is verify function and prior to that, Remove the stocks, check all screw tightness on the entire gun and they might prevent something or at least catch the issue under warranty. At least you did that !
I sent S&W a pistol back last year after I realized 8 months later that something that should've been done to it wasn't done (it was a Performance Center gun). Granted I knew what the issue was, but the gun came back the same as Colt with no explanation.

I think all these companies would benefit from just a tad bit more detail in their customer service.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
This was about twenty years or so ago I sent a revolver back to Colt for repair. When it came back (not too long a wait) the enclosed invoice listed what my complaint was and the diagnosis and what the repair was. Times have changed...and time is money.

Again...my revolver was not under warranty and I was charged for the service. Maybe that's the difference.

Reactions: what would you say

·
Registered
101 Posts
If I were charged for a repair I want to know!! I know in these snake gun cases they are trying to not admit what’s wrong.. hand issues/mim issues etc Cmon colt. People want honesty. If it’s bad news that’s fine. We’re big boys and girls we can take it

21 - 29 of 29 Posts